EIGHT SOLOS FOR CLASSICAL GUITAR
by Steve Marsh Solo guitar
Here are eight pieces which I wrote with the second-year student in mind with the aim of improving certain aspects of technique whilst hopefully incorporating enjoyable music.
Techniques covered include: tuning 6th string down to D; various fingerboard positions; apoyando melody above an accompaniment; strumming; bar chords; arpeggios.
Prelude in E Minor and Sweet Betsy are featured in the Music Samples
Titles are: Buff and Blue
- a tune from the Northumberland part of the U.K.; Prelude in E minor
- a slow, lyrical composition written in a 'Spanish Romance' style; Carl Wark
- this is the name of an Iron Age fort situated in the Peak District area of the U.K.; Malaguena
- a flamenco-style piece based on the famous Spanish tune; Snow on Snow
- a melancholy and lyrical work written for the Christmas period; Study No. 1
- a study to help bring out the melody of a piece; House of the Rising Sun
- an arrangement of the well-known traditional folk song; Sweet Betsy
-and the collection finishes with a slow, lyrical piece written in memory of a lovely dog.
All Lathkill publications are now sold direct from Lathkill Music
Please visit the Lathkill site HERE to select your music and then click on "How to Purchase" or if you already know what you want you can go straight to the order form HERE